So you have decided to stay home and have a romantic dinner for Valentine’s Day but you are not sure what to make? Maybe you need some drink or dessert ideas. Well your friends at Bed and Breakfast Network are here to help. We have added a few of our favorite recipes for you to try. Don’t forget to comment and let us know what your like to have for Valentine’s Day Dinner!
Lamb and Red Wine Gravy
Heat oven to 400 degrees
- purchase 2 racks of lamb
- sprinkle with salt and pepper
- add olive oil In a large skillet heat racks of lamb over medium-high heat, brown until they look even in color. Now transfer to roasting pan. Put in oven and roast for about 20 to 30 minutes.
I like it plain just like that but if you would like a red wine sauce here you go
In the same skilled saute a quarter cup of onions until tender and add a cup of red wine and about a teaspoon of rosemary leaves, a half teaspoon of thyme, one cup of beef broth, two tablespoons of butter and some salt and pepper. Simmer until like a gravy and pour over the lamb
Only a 15 minutes cook time – 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes
2 tablespoons butter 2 cloves garlic, finely minced dash pepper dash salt pinch dried dillweed or parsley dash paprika 4 tilapia fillets
Combine butter, garlic, pepper, salt, dillweed, and paprika in a small sauce pan. Melted butter and remove from heat. Cover the bottom of a shallow baking dish or line with parchment paper placing the tilapia on buttered area. Top each tilapia fillet with the seasoned butter mixture. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes, tilapia will flakes easily with a fork.
Cornish Game Hen
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cover hens in just a little olive oil, season them with salt and pepper.
- Add a lemon wedge and one sprig rosemary inside of each hen and put the hens in a roasting pan, make some slits in the hens and put in some cut cloves of garlic. Now put in oven for 25 minutes.
- after 25 minutes lower oven heat to 350 and bake 25 minutes longer
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together wine, chicken broth, and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil; pour over hens. Continue roasting about 25 minutes longer make sure the hens are golden brown .
- Remove hens from oven to a nice platter, pour into roasting pan all of the juices into a sauce pan. Be sure to cover the hens foil to keep warm.. Cut the hens length wise and spoon in sauce. Oh, what delicious meal..
Cupid Sent Me
- 1 Cocktail Glass to strain mixture into
- 1 teaspoon grenadine
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 1/2 ounces Scotch
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
Using a shaker fill half way with ice cubes and combine all ingredients. Shake well.
Before dinner drink
Looks and tastes best in a highball glass filled with ice cubes and a pretty something pretty to stir with. Put all ingredients into the highball glass and stir
- 1 ounce peach schnapps
- 1 ounce vodka
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 2 ounces orange juice
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Place 15 to 20 peaces of Strawberries over wax paper.
- Place 1 pound of chocolate into Microwave safe bowl and heat at low to half power for one minute till melted.
- Using spoon drizzle melted chocolate over strawberries.