The Sea Rock Inn, a bread and breakfast, is a place of beauty and unlimited possibilities. From the amazing rooms they have available, to the dramatic rocky cliffs of the Mendocino coast line. The rooms provide a romantic setting, designed fashionably and made for your comfort. The modern set of furniture and fire place is a great mixture to spice up your night, in addition with the two person tub for your pleasure. Walk out the doors to the skin cooling breeze of the Mendocino coast, it is perfect for your privacy with that special someone, with benches located on the coast line to snuggle and look upon the extravagant sea waters. Enjoy the fun activities around the area, the outstanding coastal landscape is enough to take your breath away, attracting artists everyday to paint the picture perfect scenery. Gourmet cuisines surround the area, price ranges vary on your choice, pizza restaurants offer a cheaper choice but is very fulfilling with the traditional styles and specials. If you want to take your one and only out to dinner that is classy and unremarkable, choose the selective bunch of fine dining restaurants, taking care of you every step of the way and blowing your taste buds away with food unimaginable. After your long day of fun activities, visit the relaxing spa, where your care means everything. Set your mind into space with the sweet aromas and knot soothing massages they offer. The Sea Rock Inn is a place you will never forget, making you fall in love with this one and only bed and breakfast. Specials are available so set up your reservations today and take romance to the next level. The Sea Rock Inn in Mendocino California welcomes you.
Mother’s Day has a United States history. The day of celebrating your mother is only a little over a hundred years old. It began in 1908 when a lovely lady named Anna Jarvis began a campaign to make “Mother’s Day” an official holiday in the U.S.
There have been other days honoring mothers since the 1870’s but nothing official. Anna Jarvis trademarked “the second Sunday in May as Mother’s Day”. President Woodrow Wilson made the day official by an act of U.S. congress. Other countries adopted this “special day” not on the same date but with their own name and dates, typically falling on a Sunday. There are some great Mother’s Day traditions around the world to check out on the Internet.
Down to the “oh, what am I going to do for my mother on Mother’s Day” and the day is quickly approaching? Check out these lovely B&B’s.
Mother’s Day at the Lady Neptune B&B/Inn in Hampton, Virginia is offering a family special. Cozy comfortable rooms, delicious breakfast and buffet await you.
New England’s Captain Fairfield Inn (a luxury Boutique B&B) in Kennebunkport, Maine offers an absolutely elegant weekend for any occasion. You have to check the amenities, lodging, food, packages and the Keene area. Chef Jed’s prepared breakfast, wine list, and afternoon and evening snacks are a special treat. Choose a Special Package today at the Captain Fairfield luxury Boutique Hotel. Call Alana today at 1 800 322-1928.
The Beacon House in Carolina Beach, North Carolina is offering special Mother’s Day packages. Is mom ready for the beach? Call 910.458.6244.
Mother’s are special and a weekend away may be just the thing to put a smile on her face and to know how much she is appreciated will make you happy too.
Happy Mother’s Day from The Aardvark Team
With tax day approaching soon, what are planning to do with your tax return? We know about all the bills and other expenses we all incur during the year that we use our tax return for but maybe we need a couple of days away or a weekend to let our loved ones know how wonderful they have been this year. There are so many Bed and Breakfast Inns that offer great midweek specials that are not so expensive that it will break your bank account.
Accommodations at Bed and Breakfast Inns are almost always beautifully decorated, cozy and comfortable and many offer afternoon teas, event packages, dining, business conferences and for the really daring, with a significant other, maybe a wedding or vow renewal ceremony all at affordable rates. Enjoy a massage and spa day, golf nearby with your partner or if you’re alone, let your Innkeeper know you would like to enjoy meeting new friends. If you just want to visit to be alone, many B&B/Inns have great libraries full of movies and books for your enjoyment. It does not matter where you live; tax time is here and we do hope you have or will be receiving a nice sum to allow you to enjoy yourself. A day or two of rest and relaxation to be pampered is a gift to yourself. Visit our www.BedandBreakfastNetwork.com and you will find yourself knowing that this is the perfect way to relax and enjoy all that work you did last year.
The Aardvark Team
There are so may great ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and wish everyone you know health, happiness and success. Many weddings, honeymoons and anniversaries are spent at Bed and Breakfast Inns across the world the weekend before and after March 17th and even though this year St. Patrick’s day falls on a Monday, it is no less special.
Avenue Inn Bed and Breakfast in New Orleans welcomes you to partake in their holiday celebration. Saturday, March 16 starts the Tracey’s St. Paddy Day Party in New Orleans, LA. At noon, the Irish Channel Parade begins and on Sunday, the entire afternoon and evening is a great celebration. Avenue Inn Bed and Breakfast hosts weddings, anniversaries, reunions, retreats, small meetings and a great St. Patrick’s Day celebration. The guestrooms at Avenue Inn are not only beautifully decorated and comfortable but also affordable. Special packages are available upon request.
St. Patrick’s day In Savannah, Georgia is remembered by a small group of immigrants who marched the streets of Savannah for their own country against political persecution and potato famine. The traditional parade, going on now for over 200 years, has a Grand Marshal, Greening of the Fountain in Forsyth Park, Celtic Cross Mass and so much more. Check Savannah Bed and Breakfast Inn online at www.savannahbnb.com for their St. Patrick’s Day three day Celebration. Call the Savannah Tourist Information Center at 912-644-6400 or consult the official website for St Patrick’s Day at www.savannahsaintpatricksday.com for more of Savannahs best. Don’t forget: Savannah is the home of Paula Deen’s Lady and Sons Restaurant which is worth stopping in to visit while you’re in Georgia.
Wherever you choose to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day will be a wonderful celebration for family, friends and new acquaintances. Great fun, food, singing, dancing and dedication to wonderful St. Patrick’s tradition should be expected. To all the innkeepers, owners and guests of Bed and Breakfast Inns celebrating, Happy St. Patrick’s Day from the Aardvark Team.
It is incredibly important to have your website redesigned/updated on a regular basis so your site will not become outdated but there are many other reasons. SEO (search engine optimization) is a constant and you have to stay current or you will lose your position against your competitors in this market. New content should be a primary focus on your redesign. Stale content is not good for anyone.
Make your new web site unique and consider adding a blog that feeds to RSS and social network sharing buttons on all pages. Landing pages with important keyword phrases are another must. Make sure that your new web site has a call to action so visitors don’t have to hunt down a way to give you their busines.
Make your web site about what your clients or guests will want, not about you. Write about who will be using your services, what makes you unique and how this can benefit your guests or customers. Do not copy your competitors website as this can hurt your position in the search engines.
Knowing that your web site looks great is not the answer; it is all in how it works and how you communicate your information to guests and customers. Not redesigning your website for many years and having duplicate content is worthless. The search engines now work harder than ever to filter out what is irrelevant, stolen or black hat marketing tactics and will ultimately ignore or blacklist your website.
SEO has changed a lot recently. Giving your guests a reason to move through your website will decrease your bounce rate and keep them going deeper into your website. Have your web master check for broken images. A professional web site is what you should be going for and your web master can provide that for you. Keep your blog up to date. Submit a new idea once a week or at least twice a month. Make your content interesting and improve navigation. Your designer will ask for a lot of content so please try to provide as much as you can. The designer will know when to use information pages. Please understand a professional designer knows how to enhance photos and organize your information.
Bed and Breakfast Inns have come a long way in that they are not only offering great amenities and beautiful decor but in the way guests are treated. An Innkeeper treats their guest with great privacy and you will not have to interact with other guests if you do not want to. Respecting your guests wishes is of up most importance. Innkeepers often leave a key for guests to enter if they have had an evening out.
Breakfasts can be served at a long dining room table or a small one in which other guests are being served. Should you not want to interact just let your innkeeper know and other arrangements can be made. Should you have special dietary needs be sure to tell your Innkeeper when making your reservation so he or she can accomodate you.
An Innkeeper who has more than 10 rooms cannot be at the front desk 24/7 as there is a lot to do such as shopping for tomorrows breakfast, checking the rooms after the maid has been there to clean and keeping up with day to day operations. As a guest, try to arrive on time or at least call and make sure your Innkeeper knows how late you will be. As a business traveler you will have all the amenities a hotel will have but in a better atmosphere. Many B&B/Inns cater to the business traveler.
B&B/Inns who host weddings usually have a wedding coordinators on staff.
Chef owned Bed and Breakfast Inns cater all kind of events. Weddings, family reunions, receptions, business meetings and more. Call a B&B/Inn near you today and ask.
If you are considering purchasing a Bed and Breakfast Inn please remember you will be dealing with all kinds of people. You will have to use your best judgement in all situations. We all want to have guests who do not complain or criticize but sometimes it comes with the business you have chosen. Always be thankful for the guests that are sweet and generous with their compliments.
Only being 30 days into 2013, we’ve already seen a lot of bed and breakfast inns change ownership and go up for sale. With all of this ownership change, we have seen what helps a B&B to sell right away and what causes them to stay on the market for a while. We want to pass these tips along to you to help you get your B&B sold so you can move on to the next stage in your life.
- A fresh coat of paint is a must. Bright bold colors are not as attractive to the buyer who are looking to purchase your property as natural colored walls.
- Make sure the bathrooms are not just clean but immaculate and freshly painted. If mold is an issue, spray the surfaces with one part water and one part bleach and the mold will be gone. Shower doors must be clean and can be scrubbed with one part muriatic acid and 10 parts of water. They will be sparkling clean now. If the vanity is old, replace it with a new, updated sink. New towels and accessories are a must.
- Pack away any photos or personal items. This is important because the buyer wants to imagine themselves in your bed and breakfast inn with their own ideas for decorations. It will also make your B&B/inn look larger. There is nothing more that will deter a potential buyer than a cluttered property. You may even consider renting new furniture to make your B&B/inn look better.
- If you have squeaky doors, make sure they are oiled. If the front door squeaks when your potential buyer comes up, that may be the only thing they remember from their visit. You want everything to be perfect.
- Shampoo your carpet, buff your hardwood and treat your tile grout. Flooring will be one of the first things your potential buyer looks at when they walk in the front door. After all, they have to look where they’re stepping when they walk in. Black grout joints that obviously should be white will tell your buyer that cleanliness is not number one on your priorities list. You want your floor to sparkle or in the case of carpet, look like its brand new with a few shampoos from a rented carpet cleaner or by a professional carpet cleaning crew.
- Make sure that your furniture and bedding matches and has that “new look”. Make sure the master bedroom is designed for both sexes and the bedding and decorations reflect its gender neutrality. New bedding and sheets can really perk up the look of a bedroom. This goes the same for your living/family room. If needed, buy covers for your sofas.
- Make sure there is plenty of light turned on when your potential buyer visits and make sure everything is spotless. This lets the potential buyers know you have kept your B&B/inn in a condition that they will want to purchase it as-is. If you need to replace old light fixtures, you can find them at any hardware store.
- What about the outside look of your B&B/Inn? Cleaning your windows, pressure washing the outside walls and walkways, replacing plants that are not thriving, fixing loose brick or stones, trimming trees and adding new potted plants can make a world of difference when your potential buyer drives up and walks to your front door. Don’t send them running for the hills with an unkept lawn and dead shrubs.
- Make sure you or your realtor advertises in as many online bed and breakfast inn directory websites as possible. The exposure you get from listing your property on sites like www.InnsForSale.com can be the difference in whether or not you sell your property. From our experience, the potential buyer may have seen your property on one site and then found you again on another site. Having your B&B on multiple resources can help keep your property on the front of a buyers mind. And be sure that these websites have professional looking photos on them. No matter how beautiful your bedrooms might be, a scan of a polaroid picture with a timestamp from 1999 on it does not show professionalism and can be enough to have your inn passed right over by a potential buyer.
- So in short, remember: sparkling clean, new paint, definitely no clutter and if need be, call a professional staging company to help you.
For more tips or with help on selling your bed and breakfast inn, visit our B&B/inn sales directory at www.InnsForSale.com.
We wish you much success with the sale of your property.
Article featured on www.InnsForSale.com – Affordable rates for selling your bed and breakfast inn