In the next few weeks we will be bring you new recipes and things to do to prepare for the your big Thanksgiving Dinner.
1. How many guest can you accommodate at your home or are you going to go to a restaurant, Bed and Breakfast Inn, Country Inn. Who is going to help pay for this exciting day. You or are your guests going to bring food, desserts, decorations, maybe even some games to keep everyone occupied while all the cooking and preparing.
2. First lets get down to the list of folks you really want to be with. Make a list of how many will fit at your table and are all those folks compatible. Mom, dad, aunt matilda and uncle Harold, best friends. If you can with all your heart be sure to invite someone or a couple you know will be alone and you know this will bring them great joy. Make sure your seating arrangement is set so that those sitting next to each other will really get to know each other better and this is such a special occasion.
3. You will be not only making the turkey but have plenty of mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, stuffing rolls, pie, cake, cookies and below you will find my favorite a recipe for Bread Pudding compliments of the beautiful Corner Cottage, Fredericksburg TX makes.
4. Ask everyone you do invite to bring a couple of containers to bring some left overs home.
5. If you have everyone to your home make sure they help with the cleaning up because this is one time you too would like to enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner and rest and relax at the end of the day with a lovely glass of wine and good conversation.
6. If you decide to eat out get with your Innkeeper, host of your favorite restaurant and still plan who will you will be having dinner with. The time, who will be sitting next to whom. Are you going to stay over at the Bed and Breakfast Inn and what the plan will be for the next day. Remember Turkey will make you want to relax and if your having wine be sure no go right out and drive. Keep and eye on the elderly specially if they are in a new environment and you do not want any mishaps. This is just one of several articles we are planning to bring you over the holidays.
– The Aardvark Team
Bread Pudding from Corner Cottage a Traditional Bed and Breakfast Fredericksburg TX
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups Half and Half
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
8 ounces stale French bread, cut into 2 inch cubes
1 15 ounce can of peaches, cut into bite sized pieces
Beat sugar, eggs and Half and Half. Add all the remaining ingredients. Let the mixture sit in the refrigerator overnight. Spray a 9×9 pan with nonstick spray. Pour mixture into pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes, until golden. Serve with Amaretto Sauce (recipe follows).
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup Half and Half
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Amaretto
Cook all ingredients except Amaretto until mixture thickens. Add Amaretto at the last. Drizzle over bread pudding.
Please check our www.InnRecipes.com for some of the most delicious gourmet cooking on the internet. They have been provided by our Bed and Breakfast Inns so you know they have been well tested by guests who have given them rave reviews. Enjoy.