We received emails responding to our “How Much Repeat Guests Mean to Your Business” blog and would like to pass along more of what we have contributed to this subject.
1. We are firm believer’s in hiring employee’s who love their jobs, are friendly with a positive attitude about working for you and want your guests to know that your the best Bed and Breakfast Inn in town, with the best rooms and best gourmet breakfast in the business. Your receptionist is the first person guest talk to and their positive attitude is where it all starts. You want your guests to visit again and again and to bring their family and friends. You will want guests who passing through your area will not mind going out of their way to stay at your B&BInn because the beds are the most comfortable, your gourmet breakfast is the best and you and your employee’s are happy to see them and they feel special. It is your great relationship with them that keeps them coming back to visit you. Not one that there is not one there to greet them and only a door opened and a key laying on the desk or outside the door and a number to call with no one to greet them. Even if you live next door in the Innkeepers quarters make it a point to greet your guests.
2. Send out newsletters to keep them up-to-date about new things going on at your Bed and Breakfast Inn (be careful not to send every week once a month so as not to overburden them with email or postcards. Mailed a postcard that says “because they are a favorite guest they will be awarded a 10% discount and tell them to bring a friends they too will received the same discount on their first visit”. Encourage your guest to return. Keep names and addresses for contact. VistaPrint.com is an easy and inexpensive way to send a postcard with these discounts. With the holidays so close choose several designs, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentines, offer midweek Specials just for these occasions or a Thursday, Friday and Saturday Special on one day of their visit discounted (Monday is a good free day for a 3 day visit) These post cards are easy to design and are available on vistaprint.com..Who does not like a discount. This way your connecting and gaining loyal guests.
3. Greet all your guest with a coffee, tea or wine and cookies, or hors d’oeuvres. They may have traveled a few hours to visit you and are hungry and this shows that you are happy to have them as guests this is a special touch
4. Word of mouth, short domain name and email address are your best friend in this business. Your blog is another great advertising tool. Keep it simple with new information every week. If you offer massages give them information. Make sure they make appointments. After 10 massage give them one free or a nice discount or something special. If your guests are weekday guest give them a special discount. Business Men love discounts and many once they have stayed at a Bed and Breakfast/Inn do not like to return to a hotel. Remember if you have offered them a special discount for say 10 says and a free night guests are more likely to return if they are near their free discount.
5. If you are the owner/innkeeper make sure you check all the rooms to make sure everything is immaculate, that all the amenities you have promised are there. One little thing could result in a bad review on one of the top reviewing sites. This could cost you a lot of revenue. If you find a bad review RESPOND.
6. Do your best to keep all your rooms and public areas attractive with a new and exciting atmosphere. It is fun to have your guest say oh, you have changed thing or added this or that. Everyone love to see new
7. To sum up the above:
a. contact your previous guests via email or postcard so they want to know they are a valued guest.
b. Everyone loves a discount or reward
c. Most of all create a positive experience with a staff who love representing you and cleanliness and the best food.
d. your competions is out there and you do want to be the best in every area.
e. Stay up to date in prices, services and discounts and that your worth every cent with the extra special service you provide.
F. Bad Review? RESPOND!
G. YOUR GUESTS ARE YOUR REVENUE