We know you will work your magic to start this wild and crazy day and we have tried to keep our recipes healthy.
Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbs butter flavor crisco melted
- 1/2 cup cooked (boiled or baked) mashed sweet potato
- add flour, baking soda, sugar and spices in a large mixing bowl.
- stir egg, shortening, mashed sweet potato & milk in another mixing bowl.
- add egg mixture to flour, baking soda, sugar & spices, now stir until smooth.
- Add to hot lightly greased griddle, when the sides of the batter start to bubble turn once until cooked. Watch closely.
- Place on warm plate and serve hot with warm melted butter and warm syrup
Serve with the juice, coffee or tea of your choice…You will enjoy.
Walnut Pumpkin Oatmeal
- 2 cups oat meal the quick cooking kind is best
- 1 cup pumpkin canned or fresh
- 1 8-ounce vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup soft brown sugar,
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Bring water in saucepan to a boil with the pumpkin pie spice and salt, stir in oat meal. Bring to a second boil and reduce heat to medium. Cooking 1 minute until most of liquid is absorbed and keep stirring occasionally. Now add pumpkin and brown sugar, cooking one minute. Let stand until desired consistency. Spoon oatmeal into four cereal bowls. Top with yogurt and walnuts.
Really Quick Halloween Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups OJ
- 2 pints orange sherbet
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 cups whipped cream
Blend milk, orange juice milk, orange sherbert and bananas until very smooth. Pour into fancy glass. Add teaspoon of of whipped cream to the top.
In the bottom of the cereal bowls your children use …drop a drop or two of food coloring … when the kids are ready for their cereal pour the cereal in the bowl and ask for the milk and when your pour in the milk it will change colors to blue, red, what ever color you want…..Do you think they will figure it out
Your kids will think your the perfect Wizard.
Spooky Breakfast SandWitch
- pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Lay several half English Muffins on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Put a slice of American Cheese on top of each one
- slice olives with pimentos for eyes, add just pimento for red nose and slice pickle for mouth
- Bake for about 3- 5 minutes until cheese melts and English Muffin warm
Serve with Orange Juice and fruit.